Sunday 11 November 2012

Meal Planning Monday; 12 November 2012

Happy Monday everyone! Last week's meal plan was completely achieved with the exception of toad in the hole which got turned into sausages in buns, chips and beans/sweetcorn. I did hit my baking quota for last week, although I swapped gingerbread out for some chocolate pots (a mix between chocolate ganache and mousse). And on that note, meet my smores!




I assure you there were more than this when I made them but I didn't have the chance to snap a picture of them all chopped up into smaller bits before hubby found them and snaffled some (alright I had some too, they were too good to resist), whoops!

The Nutella cookies have also gone down really well but a busy weekend has meant we have a few left going into this week. I may actually make gingerbread this week to celebrate finishing my Christmas shopping over the weekend. Has anyone else finished or am I just a bit obsessive about hating the shops come December when people start a mad rush of present buying?


Now I didn't make the above cakes (I wish I could decorate mine that well) but these were the (slightly sickly if an entire one was eaten) delicious birthday cupcakes my mum got made for my nephew for his birthday last Monday. He was thrilled with them, his presents and seeing myself, Bubbah and my mum. He did, however, cry when we all sang happy birthday to him because he didn't like the attention, bless!


NaNo WriMo is going well too, I've managed to jump up to 17,530 words but unfortunately haven't been able to get any writing done this weekend as Bubbah has been teething and so has been rather clingy with me, meaning no laptop (he tries to eat wires, strange child) for me.

Speaking of Bubbah he has developed a bizarre new habit of shaking his head and then staring at me until I nod mine. He finds it hysterical but I have absolutely no idea why! He's also decided that he can't eat smallish bits of bread like he used to but has to shove the entire bit into his mouth which, as you can imagine, makes lunch a delightful experience! Let's just say my mess mat is getting plenty of use.




He also got into bed with daddy one morning while I was in the bathroom and made himself most comfortable indeed. Every time I tried to get him out to take him downstairs for breakfast he'd pull the covers over his head!

This week we're having a pretty basic week of food and I've put the slow cooker back to work. I've also brought out an old summer favourite because I've just fancied it and hubby keeps asking for it. 

So, this week we are having:

  • Quiche (plain old cheese and bacon for me, spinach and tomato for OH)
  • Lamb casserole for me (and my mum who loves this) on one of OH's fast days
  • Freezer meal (ratatouille for OH, tuna pasta bake or mac n cheese for me)
  • Pizza as usual on Friday
  • Jackets with cheese/cheesy beans
  • Freezer meal or jackets for me on OH's other fast day

As always, I'm linked up with Mrs M's linky so head on over there to check out everyone else's meal plans.

5 comments:

  1. Great plan! Well done on the Xmas shopping. I've finished aswell, have to get it done early otherwise with three minis we'd be skint in December, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh know I have barely started Christmas shopping!!! Sounds like lots of great baking going on. I must remember to reward myself with cake when I finished shopping!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't even made a start on my Christmas presents (making most of mine this year) It's such a busy time at work (I work for a church) that it always gets left til the last minute. One year I might be super organised and get it done in September! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lamb casserole is great for this time of year - yum.
    Your treats look delicious x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh what a lovely menu - the quiche sounds lovely I think I may make that for me and my daughter next week and my husband and son can have something different (they won't eat eggs or dairy).

    I haven't started Christmas shopping yet and really should get a start on it but will do much of mine online or during the week when schools are in so less people in town.

    ReplyDelete