Sunday 3 March 2013

Meal Planning Monday;4th March 2013

Well hello March! February seems to have come and gone in a blink; I still feel like it should be late January/early February! I'm typing this up on a Sunday as tomorrow will be manic because...we have moved! Saturday saw us (aka me) packing up EVERYTHING two adults and one baby/toddler could ever need, which was a lot! It got to the point where a harassed hubby (who was loading up his dad's car Sunday lunchtime) kept questioning whether or not we needed all the things that had been packed (yes, yes we do).

Approximately half of the stuff we brought with us!
Our meal plan is pretty simple this week, full of meals I can pre-cook/prep when I have spare time or just whack into our slow cooker (my grandma's old one; a gift from my mum) which is HUGE and I'm very much looking forward to using.

Bubbah has his jabs on Tuesday which I'm not looking forward to as he goes extremely mopey and I'm imagining the move will upset Bubbah's sleep patterns enough so to throw jabs in will no doubt give me a horrible sleepless night up with him.

We're also out for lunch with a friend on Friday and I'll also be staying at my mum's with Bubbah which I'm very much looking forward to.

Our meal plan this week is as follows;

  • mac n cheese with mushrooms - an oldie but a goodie!
  • Stuffed peppers for hubby and beef casserole for me
  • Vegetable soup twice this week for hubby
  • Minted lamb pieces with any leftovers being made into rissoles with roasts/chips
  • Lemon and herb breaded chicken with curly fries
  • Toad in the hole with mash (I hope) and veg

And that's our week! Hope everyone else has a lovely week. As always I'll be linking up to Mrs M so head on over there to see what everyone else is cooking up this week.

5 comments:

  1. Love toad in the hole and I like the sound of the lemon and herb breaded chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All sounds yummy! I love mac and cheese - we are doing macaroni cauliflower cheese bake this week, its delish :) L x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds delicious! Hope the move goes well for you and hope little bubbah isn't too bad with his jabs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I 'm impressed that you can even consider a meal plan in the midst of a move. Hope it all goes smoothly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww I hope bubbah isn't too bad with his jabs....
    We're having toad in the hole too....yay! hehehe

    ReplyDelete