Monday 7 April 2014

Mother's Day, 25 things and getting back to "normal"

Since I last posted we've had Mother's Day so I thought I'd do a quick summary of my Mother's Day...

Not particularly exciting, I got woken up at half 6 and continued the normal daily routine (food, clothes, etc) and did our weekly food shop with my mum. We (Bubbah and I) gave my mum her cards and presents and she surprised me with a (giant) card of my own! Post food shop hubby was awake and presented me with my card and present from Bubbah. Having convinced me to open my original present (Catching Fire on DVD) two weeks previously on promise of a different present I received these:

Since having Bubbah I don't really wear much jewellery (my earrings are to intriguing and Bubbah likes to pull things, everything else was too dainty) but I couldn't resist these when making up my list (hubby likes to have choices) for Mother's day. This necklace and bracelet are from ASOS Curve and I'd been somewhat desperate to have a necklace from their collection as I like my chains longer than average. Their length is perfect for me and the bracelet matching was the icing on the cake! I also like that they're made of steel rather than silver plated; no green skin for me!

Elsewhere, things are slowly beginning to settle into some form of normalcy. Hubby has been diagnosed as having sleep apnoea and we're waiting for a special air machine and mask from the hospital to help him out. Once we have the machine hopefully he'll be sleeping better and have less sleeping fits. He's back doing a full week at work now so I've had to get back into my ironiung, breakfast and lunch making routine pretty quickly after a few months off.

To round of this post I decided to join the "25 things" posts I've seen cropping up on some people's blogs. Feel free to add a fact about yourself in the comments or pinch the format and do your own post :)


  1. I'm 23
  2. I'm a stickler for grammar and spelling
  3. I have a diploma in magazine journalism
  4. Home cooking and baking are passions of mine
  5. I own way too many books (according to hubby anyway)
  6. I seem to keep falling back into the dystopia genre (think Uglies, Hunger Games, Divergent to name but a few)
  7. When at uni I got really into vintage clothing and accessories
  8. I was devastated when my vintage ankle lace up boots died at the toe and couldn't be saved. I've been looking for a decent replacement ever since
  9. My two year old brings me more stress and laughter than I ever imagined
  10. I can remember weird facts
  11. I'm that annoying person who sits in a film-adaptation of a book pointing out everything the film changed/missed out
  12. I'm big on romance but don't need big gestures
  13. Salted caramel chocolate is my favourite
  14. I love the smell of baking bread or freshly cut grass
  15. I'm onto my second recipe scrap book
  16. I'm prepared to the point of ridiculousness - I will always have at least one pen, some plasters, some tissues, some calpol sachets and antibacterial wipes and/or gel on me
  17. I can quote Dear Zoo verbatim 
  18. I've been to every Taylor Swift concert she's done in the UK
  19. One of my best friends lives in Leeds, which is a bummer!
  20. I love making things and have made a sock dinosaur for Bubbah
  21. Crafts/painting is always a big hit with myself and Bubbah
  22. I always put on different voices when reading children's books (as such "Are the dinosaurs dead dad" is only allowed to be read by me as Bubbah loves my dad voice too much)
  23. I love Rod Stewart, Meatload and Bon Jovi's music, it's my dad's influence
  24. I've written a novel
  25. My favourite flower is the germini flower

No comments:

Post a Comment