Sunday 5 August 2012

Meal Planning Monday; 6th August 2012

Happy Monday everybody! Last week's meal plan went very well, we managed to get a birthday date night out at Chiquitos (fajitas and mac 'n' jack for anyone who's interested)

We also managed to have our little picnic the next day - albeit indoors thanks to rain storms - consisting of pasta and pesto, mini pitta pizzas, chocolate covered flapjack, tortilla chips and nacho cheese dip, home made chocolate mousses, gummy sweets and the Victoria sponge birthday cake I'd made the day before and hid in the fridge while OH was at work. All topped off with Kopenburg for him (fruity cider) and grape Schloer for me.

Bubbah was, of course, very interested in our food and kept going for it but, obviously, couldn't have any of it so he was relegated to his own food supplies.

This week amidst all the excitement of birthday prep my little baby has suddenly become extremely adept at crawling backwards with great speed. Case in point; I left him in the middle of the room and went to grab a bottle of water from the fridge. I came back and he'd crawled backwards and then turned 90 degrees and continued crawling backwards under a small table we have in the space of about two minutes.

Doesn't he look pleased with himself?

This week is a bit of a basic, store cupboard use-up week. Mainly because we have a cupboard groaning from the amount of tins and basics I've accumulated over the last few weeks or so, whoops!

I'm going from memory again as bubbah decided the shopping list was quite nice looking and proceeded to grab it from my hand and eat it, resulting in massive holes in my list!

  • Mac n cheese
  • Fajitas
  • Freezer meal for OH, lemon and herb turkey for me
  • Jackets
  • Pigs in blankets (sausages wrapped in bacon)
  • Pizza


Lunches are muffins/toast for me, various purees for bubbah and salads with fruit and yoghurt for OH.

I've also got some pudding rice reading to make rice pudding for bubbah after a good trial run with it last week so I'll let you know how that goes!

As always, I've linked up to At Home With Mrs M! so mosey on over and have a nosey!

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about lots of tins and jars in the cupboards, mine are over flowing!
    My two both crawled backwards first too, love his pleased expression in the pic.
    Have a great week x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make mine the pigs in blankets! LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete