Sunday 29 July 2012

Meal Planning Monday; 30th July 2012

Happy Monday everybody! How hot was it last week? Bubbah spent most of the week in vests or his nappy as anything else promoted extreme crying and fuss. As it was so hot last week most dinners were thrown out of the window and I ate jackets while OH had ratatouille/pasta bake or chilli sin carne from the freezer (hot weather makes me lazy)

However, I did make the chicken tikka masala; although I substituted the chicken with turkey as that was what we had in the freezer. It was absolutely lovely and is being added to our list of meals to be made again in the future.

Also we didn't have Wednesday dinners as OH visited his parents and I was at (drumroll please) Harry Potter Studio Tour, which was amazing. My mum brought me two gift tickets as a 21st birthday present and so off I went with a friend who I usually go to events with. I did have a lovely shredded pork and bbq sauce sub while I was there though...

This week I made the mistake of throwing away my meal plan list once I'd done the shopping (for shame!) so I'm doing this from memory...

OH
Ratatouille
Jackets
Quiche
Pigs in blankets
BIRTHDAY MEAL
Pesto pasta

Me
Minted lamb with pasta
Minted lamb with jacket
Quiche
Pigs in blankets
BIRTHDAY MEAL
Dinner at my dad's house

It's OH's birthday this Friday so we're doing something special for that (take away if we're feeling lazy or an actual date [we haven't been on one for a while] as my mum offered to babysit for a few hours) and I'm making a picnic complete with cake for Saturday lunchtime, hopefully I'll have time to bake the flapjack and cheese straws I'd planned on.

Bubbah is currently enjoying the fruits of my labour of love, food wise. He'll be having a variety of the following;

  • Broccoli and cauliflower
  • Sweet potato
  • Apple and pear
  • Apple and blackberry
  • Toast strips (first try)
  • Dairylea triangles (first try)
  • Rusks
  • Baby cereal
  • Yoghurts

As you can see I've been busy with my blender! Below is the original tasting of broccoli and cauliflower (to which I added gravy) which went down very well. Bubbah has also developed a new habit of grabbing the bowl and moving it around while I'm trying to feed him...


He has, however, also developed a habit of stealing the baby wipe from when I'm trying to tidy up post-food and copy me, which I don't object to quite so much!


As always At Home With Mrs M! will have every one else's meal plans so feel free to go and have a look!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures of your little one!
    Sounds like he is enjoying some lovely flavours.
    I hope that you manage to get your date night. We love making flapjacks and have that planned for this afternoon :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's doing well with eating then - good luck with the toast! I have some posts about weaning on my blog if you're interested :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to go to the Harry Potter Studio Tour - very jealous!! Would love to know how you get on with the dairylea triangles. My oldest (2) won't touch them & haven't tried them with mini tot yet.

    www.afrugalwife.com

    ReplyDelete