Sunday 26 May 2013

Meal Planning Monday; 27th May 2013

Happy bank holiday! I have loved the day or so of sun we've had this weekend. It's been so nice after a week of rain to actually be able to get out of the house, even if it's just into the back garden. I'm generally walking around in a bit of a half asleep daze at the moment as Bubbah is teething awfully and waking up anywhere between half 5 and 6am and being crabby the majority of the day. However I did come across an old picture from the start of the year which was a lovely one of us which cheered me up a bit...




My make up course has finished now and I used my new found skills on a date night to see the Great Gatsby with hubby on Saturday night. Thoroughly enjoyed it. As expected, Baz Luhrmann's version is visually amazing and, of course, Leonardo DiCaprio was wonderful in it.

But enough of that! I've been absent meal planning wise due to teething issues as previously mentioned and because our meal plans have been a bit boring/spontaneous. However I've got back into the swing of things and we have a nice, if somewhat split, meal plan for this week.


  • Pie (steak and kidney for me, chicken and mushroom for hubby), potato croquettes, stuffing, yorkshire puddings and veg
  • fish pie for me and bubbah
  • cheesy meat pasta bake (bacon and sausages)
  • jerk chicken
  • chicken tikka masala/veg masala for hubby
  • veg pasta bake for hubby
  • stuffed peppers for hubby and bolognaise bake for me
  • soup for hubby and leftover fish pie/pasta bake for me

I told you things were a bit split! As it's half term this week and not much is planned beyond returning Bubbah's library books and visiting my mum I'll quite possibly do some baking. Probably cake knowing me!

As usual I've linked up to Mrs M so mosey on over there to see what everyone else is cooking this week. Hope everyone has a lovely week!

No comments:

Post a Comment