Monday 7 October 2013

Meal Planning Monday; 7th October 2013

Goodness me, how is it October already? All the Halloween/Christmas bits are now out in full force. Not that I need them thanks to my Grotto (aka present haul in the bathroom using up the spare shelves) I'll probably stock up on some more wrapping paper and there are a few cards left for specific people (I'm looking out for extra special cards for hubby and Bubbah) but there's not so much pressure this year so I'm feeling quite relaxed about it all. All the better for casually selecting Christmas sweeties to have in the cupboard for when a sweet craving hits.

Christmas is here already!


Last week's meal plan went pretty well with few meals being swapped about/disregarded altogether. I ended up finding a peppercorn sauce in the reduced aisle so used that with my pork steaks with some simple wedges and veg. This week I decided we should use up some of the stocks we've been building up in the freezer to help make some space and save money at the same time.

This week we'll be having...

  • roast chicken and veg pies with mini Yorkshire puddings, home made stuffing (recipe to come), roasts and extra veg
  • Cheese and tomato tuna pasta bake with extra mushrooms/ ratatouille for hubby
  • Lamb casserole with dumplings (veg soup using the veg from this for hubby as he's not a fan of lamb)
  • Pizza - sausage and mushroom for me, veggie for hubby using a new cajun spice I found recently
  • Fish pie for me and veggie fingers with wedges for hubby
  • Slow cooker spag bol (recipe to come) with garlic bread
Let me know what you're planning this week in the comments below. If you're looking for inspiration yourself and none of these tickle your fancy head on over to Mrs M's meal planning linky to see what everyone else has planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment