Sunday 22 July 2012

Meal Planning Monday; 23 July 2012

Good morning everyone! Last week's plan went pretty well, although we replaced the rice dishes with lazy pasta (which I will get round to posting soon, I promise) and I had pigs in blankets rather than fajitas due to bubba's bed time routine taking over dinner time.

Speaking of bubba, I made apple and blueberry puree and it's definitely popular with him! We also sampled some baby yoghurts I spotted on offer during the weekly shop which went down a treat, as the below photo demonstrates...

I promise some went in his mouth!
This week I'm testing out a recipe I found online (which I shall be tweaking a little bit to our tastes) as well as some old favourites and one I haven't done for ages!


  • While I stretch out some lamb mince across two nights, OH is having ratatouille and chilli sin carne from the freezer
  • Veggie crumble for OH while I have fish fingers
  • Jacket potatoes with spaghetti hoops
  • Toad in the hole
  • Chicken tikka masala; I love this dish and have been determined to make it myself. Now bubba is weaning I can have things that I couldn't before (he couldn't tolerate this so when I fed him after eating it, let's just say it was unpleasant!)
Bubba will be having the usual purees, porridge, cereal and such forth. Hoping to make some sweet potato puree this week and a strawberry one.

I'll be lunching on lazy pasta and crumpets again this week. OH will have a rotation of cheese & pickle rolls, quiche and pizza pittas with various fruit.

As always, I'll be linked up to At Home With Mrs M! so feel free to go and have a nose at what everyone else is doing this week.

3 comments:

  1. I'm attempting a slimming world tikka masala in a mission to lose weight. Planner sounds lovely :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love that photo! Lovely meal plan :) So glad the weaning is going well and Bubba is enjoying it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photo made me smile - that's like most days at my house! Look forward to hearing more about the lazy pasta.

    www.afrugalwife.com

    ReplyDelete