Monday 15 April 2013

Meal Planning Monday; 15th April 2013

Goodness me is that sun I see out of my window this morning! Last week was quite nice and relaxed with very little to do except enjoy the sunshine and have Bubbah weighed. Hubby got promoted from agency worker to a proper permanent employee of his company (hurray) which means, among other things that he now actually gets a pension. So we ended up having a cinema date and Indian take away over the weekend to celebrate (we saw A Place Beyond The Pines which was, it has to be said, rather depressing as much as Ryan Gosling and Bradley Cooper are both lovely to look at and good actors) said promotion.


This week we're starting to get back into the swing of things. I start a cookery course this Wednesday (cooking around the world) so Bubbah will be in crèche for a few hours. I'm also taking him to get his feet measured again as I suspect he needs new shoes already despite getting new ones less than two months ago. Hopefully it will be sunny and we can enjoy warmth when we go out rather than being pelted with rain. Bubbah has some sunglasses at the ready, just in case...


This week's meal plan is pretty simple and batch cooking friendly:
  • Pizza with garlic bread
  • Toad in the hole (I may make mini ones)
  • Mac n cheese
  • Tuna pasta bake or caluiflower and broccoli cheese depending on preference
  • Salmon linguine with home made pesto
  • Risotto
Baking this week will be:

  • blueberry fairy cakes
  • caramel muffins (a hummingbird bakery recipe I've been desperate to try)
  • possibly some shortbread
I'll be linked up to Mrs M so for what everyone else is cooking this week head on over there and have a read through for inspiration.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh mini toad in the holes are so much nicer than one large one. I've got a great mini tin, but it does mean having to get decent cocktail size sausages.

    ReplyDelete