Monday 29 April 2013

Meal Planning Monday; 29th April 2013

Happy Monday everyone! I've been enjoying a very social week with two courses (with Bubbah in crèche  albiet somewhat reluctantly on his part thanks to a spout of separation anxiety) at the local children's centre, a gorgeous sunny afternoon in the park (which resulted in me having sunburn on my back, ouch!) and a visit to a stay and play group where Bubbah walked up to a little girl his age and kissed her on the cheek! As such I've been so busy that not many pictures have been taken so apologies for the text heavy post!

Last week went pretty well although the next two weeks of meal planning will be pretty simple as we're on a strict budget courtesy of hubby switching from agency worker to proper employee, meaning we're on a monthly pay rather than a weekly one. Thankfully we have a lot of stock cupboard supplies including lots of rice, pasta and lasagne sheets.

We've also had our sideboard delivered and put together (the joys of flat pack) and Bubbah is thoroughly enjoying going through the cupboards and drawers on it as well as trying to colour in anything possible with the crayons he's finally taken an interest in.

Last week's cooking lesson was cod in white wine with linguine and fresh basil. I've also started a skincare and make up course (how amazing are children centres!) where I learnt that...I knew nothing! I invested in some new skincare and make up stuff from Benefit and have managed to stick to it for...oh two days now! I'll let you know how good I am in keeping it up as the course is on for a few more weeks.


Anyway, all that aside, let's get on with this week's meal plan...


  • lasagne
  • toad in the hole (probably mini ones rather than a big one)
  • vegetable soup, or throw in some sausages and turn it into casserole
  • fish pie
  • macaroni cheese with bacon and three veg
  • risotto
  • Nando's lemon and herb chicken (they've released a seasoning kit to do your own and I had to try it)
I just hope there's room in the freezer as most of these get batch cooked! That or I'll have some hearty leftover lunches in the week!

The lovely Mrs M is hosting the meal planning week as usual this week so check it out for more ideas.

2 comments:

  1. All sounds lovely! Have a great week x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds great - Love your fish pie recipe. We buy foil containers and make up lots of them to keep in the freezer. Kids love it too.

    ReplyDelete