Sunday 21 April 2013

Meal Planning Monday: 22nd April 2013

And it's another week, another meal plan! I'm absolutely loving being back on my cooking around the world course. We ended up doing Greek and made moussaka with spinach and feta cheese filo parcels. Hubby was the tester (as I'm not keen on either dish) and declared it "too Greek" for him due to the amount of cinnamon they use!

This week's lesson is Italian, although the dish is to be revealed as the teacher recognised me and vowed to change the meal from last time to keep it interesting for me (which was a shame as I loved the salmon linguine we did previously) so that shall be interesting. Hopefully I'll be able to get online this week and post both the Greek and Italian recipes for anyone who wants them.

We had a lovely weekend and took full advantage of the sunshine with the local farmer's market (fresh bread and free samples of various sausages including Moroccan lamb!)  and saved about £15 on our normal supermarket shop as a result. I snapped up some scrummy looking cupcakes and took them with us when we went to my dad's where my brother and his brood were also visiting. We took Bubbah to the park where aside from one minor incident with a too big for his boots 12 year old who said the wrong thing in ear shot of me (Twitter for those who want to know in detail) we all had a lovely time and the kids promptly tired themselves out!

Bubbah and my niece

Bubbah has entered a new stage I've dubbed "the destruction phase" It pretty much goes something like this: Bubbah enters room, sees toys/books/clothes cupboard all nice and tidy and pulls it all apart, throwing it around him until within the space of literally a few minutes you end up with this:


Lovely!


Anyway, this week's meal plan is a bit up in the air as I've been feeling somewhat uninspired. I hope to bake some biscuits and a batch of chocolate fudge honeycomb cupcakes (which are as amazing as they sound and not sickly at all) but meal wise I know the following for definite...


  • spaghetti carbonara using up leftover sauce from Sunday night's where I made too much sauce when we had a friend over for dinner
  • something with sausages in, possibly toad in the hole as I didn't make it last week
  • gammon (from the market) and home made chips
  • my mystery Italian dish from cooking class
  • Pizza with home made chips
  • Risotto or a pasta bake depending on how lazy I feel come Saturday!
And that's my rough, quickly put together meal plan! For some more organised meal plans, pop on over to Mrs M to see what everyone else has planned this week. Have a good week!

2 comments:

  1. hahaha!! The destruction phase...My 5 year old is still going through that stage...lol
    Great meal plan! The chocolate fudge honeycomb cupcakes do sound amazing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lovely meal plan.

    I hope you have a great week

    ReplyDelete