Friday 20 June 2014

Picture this; helping nana move

We've been crazy busy recently helping my mum get ready to move in the next few weeks or so. Having been made redundant just before Christmas she had to face up to the idea, and then reality, that she would have to downsize. Fast forward several months and everything is all lined up sans moving date so, given she's downsizing from a three bed with a big garden and an extension to a one bed flat with a small strip of grass just big enough for her sandpit, we (my brother and I as well as her friends) have been helping her sort through everything.

Three skips, numerous charity shop runs and countless dump trips later and she's nearly ready. There's the few odd bits left to do of packing things to go into storage, and things to be moved into the flat. There's also been lots of memories as she's lived there nearly thirty years and it was my childhood home...

Bubble wrap for the fragile things
Or for unravelling!

Ditto for my old ELC till
(still working nearly twenty years later)

We found Raphael and Bubbah had to have him


My mum's hair band from her wedding (in 1985) which I promptly snapped up for myself

An oversized jumper Bubbah insisted on wearing before we threw it away

Keeping himself amused while we cleared out the kitchen

Stealing nana's slipper boots

No comments:

Post a Comment