Sunday 27 May 2012

Childhood memory lane

So, like most of the UK, Sainsburys have gone all giddy at the Jubilee and slashed tons of products prices (products they deem to be British, I guess) including...


this beauty! Strawberry Ribena is half price in Sainsburys at the moment and I had to restrain myself to buying just one. I've always loved Ribena (has to be strong though...and cold; nothing worse than weak/warm Ribena). My mum used to bribe me with it when I went for my jabs as a little girl - "if you don't cry I'll buy you some Ribena" - and it always worked. Happy times!

Another product I came across recently that I enjoyed as a child is known as 'foil cups'. These are essentially chocolate ganache (think the inside of Lindt Lindor chocolates) in coloured foil cups. These used to be penny sweets my dad bought me as a treat, but are now more commonly 10p or more each (which adds up when you want a decent amount). However, I found you can bulk buy online for a much better deal courtesy of Ebay. Beautiful!

What food/drink reminds you of your childhood?

No comments:

Post a Comment