Monday 21 May 2012

Meal Planning Monday: 21 May 2012


We didn't do too badly last week, we skipped mushroom burgers and ended up with a stuffed peppers for my other half and I just had chips as I wasn't that hungry. Friday didn't happen either as he went to the pub with his parents and I couldn't be bothered to cook by the time he got back so we had Dominos (naughty!) and Saturday we ended up having dinner at a friends house.


I also managed to make my mum's birthday cake and have been told by mum and other half that it's gorgeous, which is lovely as I don't like lemon cake so haven't been able to sample it myself!


On to this week...


Sunday: buffet at my brother's house for my niece's 4th birthday 
Monday - I'm determined to do mushroom burgers this week so those with home made chips and veg
Tuesday - Soup - I caved and bought some chicken and veg, and creamy veg soup during the weekly shop as they were on special offer and they looked too good to refuse!
Wednesday - Left over turkey in honey and mustard sauce from last week (which was delicious and contained sweetcorn, mushrooms and carrots) served with rice to differ from the mash we had with it last time
Thursday - Veggie crumble for him (from frozen as I made double last week) and sausage, home made chips and peas for me
Friday - Either jack potatoes or lazy home made pizza (pre-bought base but do everything else) with potato salad in a bid to avoid the Dominos temptation!
Saturday - Cheesy pasta with mushrooms


His lunches this week are salad with:


salad leaves
olives/cashew nuts
tomatoes
cucumber
creamy olive oil sauce


and:
yoghurt
banana/fruit pieces in yoghurt
strawberries and grapes


I bought a new cookbook this weekend so I'm hoping to get some recipes from that to bring a bit more variety to next week's meal plan. I'll let you know how it goes!

1 comment:

  1. I love the Covent Garden soups - I often buy them and split into bags to go in the freezer. Perfect for having just before Zumba!

    ReplyDelete