Monday 14 May 2012

Recipe collecting

I was having a tidy up this morning while Raphael was asleep and found at least six recipe magazines I'd put aside to add to my recipe book. However, leafing through them I think I only found five new recipes!

As well as recipe magazines, I have BBC Good Food's 500 triple tested recipes book; bought in my second year at university when I came across it heavily reduced in WH Smiths. However, since then I tend to find recipes online and write them out in my recipe notepad.

I'm beginning to wonder if recipe books/magazines are dying out if we can all just find whatever recipe we want online with a quick google search...

What do you think, are recipe books/magazines still worth getting?

1 comment:

  1. I definately think that recipe books and magazines are worth getting. But then I am a devoted collector of recipes in all guises and have somewhere in the region of 200 cook books!!
    I enjoy flicking through a book or magazine and getting inspiration for new dishes to try and it just isn't the same searching online.
    I used to have almost the enitre back catalogue of BBC Good Food magazine, but have managed to go through and just keep the recipes I really want. I now only have about three months of foodie mags and as the new ones come out I go through the oldest ones and pull out the receipes I want to keep.
    That turned into a bit of a ramble!!

    ReplyDelete