Monday 11 June 2012

Meal Planning Monday; 11 June 2012



Ah it's Monday! My mum was off last week so it went really quickly because we spent most of the week on errands (y'know after the mega bank holiday where we all lazed about and watched various Jubilee television). I hate it when time whizzes past me, I ended up missing my first baby massage and basic cooking lessons this morning because my brain wasn't in gear and the calender wasn't turned over. I only remembered when the lovely receptionist from the children's centre called me to make sure I was okay!

Finally, after weeks of over-spending and impulse buying I stuck rigidly to my shopping list this week. I did go a little bit over what I intended but I bought Jane Eyre on DVD and grabbed some nappy wipes that were on offer (12 packs for £10 when they're usually £17) but we now have 26 packs of nappy wipes and close to 200 nappies so I think we're good for about two months in terms of baby stuff (oops!)

This week a lot of our meals are coming from the freezer because I seem to have turned it into a bit of a bakery...we have pancakes, rolls, croissants, baguettes and bagels in there taking up a load of space so I'm hoping to clear it out a little bit.

I've also cut practically all meat from OH's diet as he's thinking of going back onto his PKU diet so we're making changes to what he eats before he goes onto it properly as his appointment about doing so isn't for a few weeks yet.

So here's this week's plan!


Monday; separate meals because OH is potentially going to his parent's house to watch football with his dad (I hope he's recording it as they don't get in until 6 and for those who know/care it's on as I type this) so I wanted to be covered just in case. I'm having turkey Cajun burgers (recipe to come later in the week) in rolls with home made chips and either peas or spaghetti. If OH is home he'll be having pasta bake.

Tuesday; Risotto for him and sausage and chips for me

Wednesday; veggie crumble for him, quiche and potato salad for me

Thursday; cheesy mushroom pasta

Friday; home made sausage, mushroom and pineapple pizza with cheesy potato skins (recipe to come later)

Saturday; rice with honey and mustard veg for him, lamb koftas with the rice for me

His lunches this week will be:
Yoghurt
Apple
Banana
Fruit in yoghurt
Sandwich - cucumber & cheese, cheese & pickle, jam, honey or just cheese
Grapes leftover from last week so long as they're good

No comments:

Post a Comment