Wednesday 6 June 2012

Meal Planning Monday, 4 June 2012

Rather late with this one thanks to the bank holiday, but both were easy meals so it doesn't matter hugely! Once again, I didn't end up making mushroom burgers but I did manage to get a home made pizza into the mix to avoid a Domino's splurge! I also got round to making a fish pie after wanting to make one from scratch for weeks and it was so worth it. I wish I'd done it sooner in all honesty.

This week feels rather lax thanks to the aforementioned extended bank holiday but here we go...

Monday: quick freezer meals; macaroni cheese for him and fish pie for me

Tuesday: I was visiting my dad with Raphael and had spaghetti bolognaise, OH had a take away after coming back from the cinema late with his dad and forgetting that I was out

Wednesday: Quiche Lorraine with salad for him and chips and peas for me. I'm making double and will either freeze or keep some extra in the fridge for lunches later in the week.

Thursday: Stuffed peppers for him (rice, mushrooms and onions) and fish pie for me

Friday: Lasagne using mince and tomato sauce from the freezer so all I have to do is make the cheese sauce and layer it up! I'll do a salad for him if there's any left over to bulk it out.

His lunches this week:

-Salad using leaves, tomatoes, cucumber and French dressing. May add peppers sliced up on Friday to use them up if I don't use them all on Thursday's dinner
-Grapes
-Mixed berries/yoghurt
-Dried fruit in yoghurt

I'm hoping to do some kind of biscuit/flapjack baking this week. I have a recipe for honeycomb that I'm tempted to use but I may just do a batch of simple shortbread if I'm feeling lazy.

I've been linking up to At Home With Mrs M for the last few weeks now but always keep forgetting to mention it! Her post can be found here along with lots of other yummy bloggers' meal plans

No comments:

Post a Comment