Friday 15 June 2012

Recipe Binder: turkey escalopes

As part of my meal plan this week I'd said I'd have Cajun burgers one night. However, when it came to it I really couldn't be bothered to make up the spice mix so I plumped for the simpler turkey escalopes.

This is a brilliant cheap, quick and easy recipe for a dinner when you want something nice but don't want to be making a million different bits for one dinner...

I used:

2 turkey breasts
1 egg
Breadcrumbs as needed (Mine were pre-bought but if you're feeling up to it you can make your own)

  • Beat the egg in a small box/bowl (I used a long Tupperware box)
  • Pour breadcrumbs into another box
  • Take the first turkey breast and roll it around in the egg until completely covered
  • Then roll it around in the breadcrumbs until completely covered
  • Repeat with as many turkey breasts you have, adding breadcrumbs as needed (less waste)
  • Place on a foil lined tray and cook, gas mark 6 for 30 minutes until cooked through
  • Serve with potatoes (I had home made chips)

Whew, how simple was that!

No comments:

Post a Comment