Sunday 16 December 2012

Meal Planning Monday; 17th December 2012

It's the week before Christmas! After a very slow build up I've finally become excited about the big day. I think it helps that the last week or so has seen me finish wrapping up presents and writing cards so all of that stressful part has finally disappeared. Although Bubbah has decided to add a new element called "pull down the Christmas tree decorations when mummy's back is turned"



I've come down with a horrible cold that's left me feeling rather miserable, thankfully last week's meal plan went pretty much according to plan. Friday (our pizza night) I had spag bol at my dad's house but hubby did still get his pizza so I'm counting that as a successful meal plan night! Saturday's meal failed when hubby decided he didn't want the meal I'd planned and we ended up with curly fries and chicken kievs.


This week I've moved from cupboard staples to freezer staples as I'm determined to rid our surplus food as opposed to it sitting there languishing until I end up throwing it out. I might do some baking this week, probably some cupcakes (in Christmas cases because I actually do own Christmas cupcake cases, I do like my bake ware) on top of the normal meals.

So, this week we're eating a rather mismatched set of meals where no two meals match up for me and hubby:


  • Tuna pasta bake for me when hubby is fasting
  • Ratatouille/pasties and potatoes
  • Broccoli, tomato and cheese quiche/bolognaise
  • Pizza
  • Sausages and roasties, possibly with home made yorkshire puddings
  • Bolognaise/soup/pasties for me on hubby's other fasting day

And that's our week! As usual I'm linked up to Mrs M's linky so head on over there and see what everyone else is cooking up pre-Christmas!

3 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better soon.

    Hope you have a good Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your cold shifts fast for you! Our puppy has knocked the tree over several times - kids and pets hey!

    Have a great week x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh I've had the dreaded lurgy as well! Rotten isn't it, especially when you are already so busy. Hope you are feeling better soon. Loving the meals this week xxx

    ReplyDelete