Sunday 30 December 2012

Meal Planning Monday; 31st December 2012

So as I thought, last week's meal plan pretty much was a waste of time. We ate party food and visited relatives where we had, er, more party food? Oops! We did have the roast on boxing day though so some normal food was consumed, promise!

Bubbah quickly got into the swing of Christmas and was given the almost obligatory first Christmas Santa suit (courtesy of his aunt)



He definitely got into the swing of ripping off the wrapping paper (and becoming preoccupied with that and the cardboard most presents came in) to reveal TOYS. His favourites seem to be a musical set from the in-laws (especially the maracas and drum) and a musical phone (ish) toy from me and hubby.

Last week was a bit hit and miss as I got some bad family news concerning my grandad. As mentioned briefly here I went and visited him in hospital while hubby looked after Bubbah (a hospital isn't really up there on a list of places I want Bubbah visiting) where he thankfully was lucid enough to realise that a) I was there and b) who I was.

This week we're determined to get back on track with meal planning after a week of overindulgence at Christmas (hubby) and worrying about food/money wastage (me). We're sticking with quite simple meals and I'm hoping to batch cook a couple of them before hubby goes back to work on Wednesday.

And now, to the soundtrack of McFly (my soundtrack, although feel free to join in as you read this) here is this week's meal plan;

  • Cheesy sausage pasta bake (brought over from last week)
  • Pizza
  • Mushroom risotto
  • Vegetable bake for hubby/ lasagne for me
  • Ratatouille for hubby/ sausage and mash for me
  • Mushroom soup for hubby/ cheesy jacket and BBQ sauce for me
 I'll be linked up to Mrs M so head on over there to have a look at everyone else's new year meal plans.

5 comments:

  1. Yum, sounds like the perfect winter meal plan. Do you have a recipe for the mushroom soup? It's something I love but don't think I have ever made.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kirsty, I use this recipe as my base:

      http://www.cookuk.co.uk/soup_starter/Mushroom_soup.htm

      I simply cut out the salt, cream, bay leaf and garlic so it's thicker. It freezes amazingly as well (ice cube trays are great for freezing soup) so it's something good to make in bulk.

      Delete
  2. Ooh I like the sound of that mushroom soup too. Best wishes for 2013, your Bubbah sounds like he enjoyed the same parts of Christmas as my 6 month old nephew - tearing wrapping paper was the huge hit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cheesy sausage pasta bake sounds like it would be a hit with my kids. I'll need to give that a go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting the recipe. I've bookmarked it now

    ReplyDelete