Sunday 16 September 2012

Meal Planning Monday; 17 September 2012

As winter draws in, I swear time is moving quicker! I still feel as if barely a day has passed since I wrote last week's meal plan up, however my calender is telling me quite stubbornly that, actually, a week has gone by and it's time for another one so here we go.


We stuck to last week's meal plan very well, although stir fry was replaced with honey and mustard chicken and pasta one day after OH decided to swap around his fast day at the last minute and discovered I'd been hoarding this dish in the freezer.

Bubbah has also discovered the joy of cheesy vegetable mash, made for when we had fajitas Saturday rather than the stir fry as most of the veg had gone off by the time a non-fast day had come around after the fast day swap earlier in the week. We've started to have him eat tea with us as he seems to sleep better eating later then having bath etc rather than early tea then bed. Fingers crossed because it's been lovely having some form of evening time back!

I've discovered just how messy feeding a baby can be, as perfectly demonstrated by Bubbah decided he wanted to feed himself his fish pie when we were out at the beginning of the week whereupon he grabbed the bowl and pulled it towards him, tipping it at the same time. Cue one bowl of fish pie landing on my lap and all over my jeans (and the floor of the coffee shop we were in but like a nice mummy/customer I cleaned up most of it) Needless to say, said jeans were changed when we got home.


Quiet weeks and a full cupboard usually will involve some form of baking and true to form this week I whipped up a batch of chocolate chip and marshmallow cakes (recipe to follow)


There's a couple left, at least one of which shall be devoured by me while OH is out with Bubbah (who has taken up to staring at me pleadingly whenever I eat anything within his presence) possibly with a blob of nutella on top to make them even more yummy!


Anyway, this week's meal plan is again rather more winter based and *trumpet fan fare* the slow cooker is coming out! Technically it doesn't need to but I'm all for easy cooking and standing over a stove with a baby crawling/zooming about in their walker is not conducive to a calm mummy - especially when he's taken such a keen interest in the oven because it has shiny handles and he can see himself in the doors...


So, this week we are having:

  • Toad in the hole with chips/mash depending on how lazy I'm feeling and veg. Bubbah will have some of the Yorkshire pudding (home made), mash and veg
  • Vegetable soup consisting of potato chunks, carrots, peas and sweetcorn. I might add some chicken for myself and my mum (who has said she'll try some) depending on my mood.
  • Pizza as normal on Friday with whatever toppings we have in the house - normally sausages, mushrooms, sweetcorn, peppers and onions topped with extra cheese, bbq seasoning and oregano. Served up with chips and salad
  • Jacket potatoes have been requested by OH because he "likes it when you do them with cheese and sour cream"
  • Quick freezer meals such as chicken and curly fries, or fish fingers and curly fries have been reserved for OH's fast days

Conveniently, OH asked for wraps this week for his lunches so I felt justified buying sour cream when shopping (as it's normally reserved for fajita week). They will include tikka chicken, salad, cucumber and tomatoes along with aforementioned sour cream.

I loaded up on bagels and crumpets this week (I blame value prices making the crumpets look even more tempting and the bagels were on special offer) so I've got those while bubbah has cheesy veg mash, fish pie, and mince and veg to get through..

As always, I'm linked up to Mrs M's link so head on over there to check out what everyone else is planning.

2 comments:

  1. Jacket potatoes are fab, especially this time of year I think. A lovely planner - I agree time is flying by! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the image of Bubbah staring imploringly at you while you eat!!!!

    ReplyDelete