Sunday 2 September 2012

Meal Planning Monday; 3rd September 2012

Oh my goodness, I can't believe it's September already! Last week's meal plan went pretty well, we moved Pizza Friday to Wednesday and made a romantic meal of it (there was candles and wine; that counts as romantic, right?) as OH was out helping his dad deliver some stuff Thursday night and Friday night he stayed at his parents as he had an early flight.

That's right, the OH has gone on holiday! He's gone to Spain with his family. I requested to stay behind with bubbah as he doesn't do well with heat, and he's getting in to EVERYTHING at the moment so I wouldn't relax and it'd be a waste of money for me to go.

As such, it's pretty much just me I've planned for this week. The bonus of this is I can have stuff OH doesn't like! Also, as shopping would be cheaper I managed to stock up on some basics that would ordinarily bumped up our shopping budget. I took advantage of Asda's baby even and got a month and a half - two month's worth of nappies for £14!

It's been a tough week for poor old Bubbah, I think another tooth is working its way into appearance so smiles like the one below were far and few between. Hopefully this week will be better as we're trying to get him settled in his own bedroom this week.


My meal plan is pretty simple this week, I'll literally cook whatever I fancy on the night so here's a list of what I've got in. Any meat not used will go in the freezer for a later date.


  • Beef mince
  • Lamb steaks
  • Pork mince
  • Fish fingers
  • Sausages
  • Beef burgers
  • Tuna
  • Chicken pieces
I'll probably make a bolognaise with one of the minces (sans tomato, using baby stock cube instead) with mushrooms and carrots for Bubbah to have alongside me.

His meals are very simple this week as I haven't had my free day due to the holiday so his food is restricted to broccoli and cauliflower cheese, rice pudding, pittas with cream cheese, aforementioned bolognaise, sweet potato, weetabix, fruit, yoghurt and baby jelly. Most of this is already in the freezer, it's just the bolognaise and sweet potato which will need cooking which should be simple enough.

As always, I'm linked up to Mr's M and her meal planning week so have a look

2 comments:

  1. I think the fish fingers need to be coated in cheese and popped in a panini with salad nom! Enjoy your week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I like The Mini Mes and Me's idea - sounds yummy! Hope you have a nice week and that the pesky tooth comes through quickly :)

    ReplyDelete