Sunday 30 September 2012

Meal Planning Monday; 1st October 2012

Hello October! Goodness the weeks are practically flying by at the moment! This week has had so much crammed in I feel like I've hardly had time to sit down, let alone do much else. Bubbah has started crawling properly now and is attempting - and quite often succeeding - to get into everything humanly possible. This includes our open front DVD unit, the tea towels and a metal dog statue that nods its head when you tap it (which he finds particularly fascinating).



The OH had a day off this week for a hospital appointment in the morning, and treated me to an afternoon in nearby town Hitchin complete with a visit to Just Desserts (I had a chocolate waffle with ice cream but was too greedy to wait and take pictures) and a second hand book shop I adore and visited loads when I worked in Hitchin, where I came across (and bought) a first edition Enid Blyton book for £10. Result!

Finally, Saturday saw Bubbah and I join my mum in a trip to St Albans where I enjoyed shops home doesn't have to offer including Lush and Whittards. We also treated ourselves to Nandos for lunch where I, again, was too greedy to take any pictures as I simply scoffed my meal as soon as it arrive. Oops!

In better news; last week's meal plan was a success as every meal was cooked (hurrah!) I added sausages to the cheesy mushroom pasta as I had a few to use up, and Risotto was mushroom, bacon and peas with meat gravy. I also made a batch of banana and berry pudding, including an adult portion for OH after his complaints last time.


This week we're having old favourites when OH isn't fasting;

-Fajitas with sausages, mushrooms, sweetcorn, peppers and onions
-Jackets with cheese/beans
-Toad in the hole with potato slices
-Pizza with potato slices

When OH is fasting I've got some fish fingers or marinated chicken to have along with curly fries.

I'll also make a batch of mac n cheese to freeze as after a few weeks without our microwave (it died after about 23 years so not bad) we have a diddy new one so I can batch cook and defrost meals for lunch quickly.

As always, I'm linked up to Mrs M's meal planning linky so feel free to head on over there and browse for inspiration for the week.

4 comments:

  1. I love toad in the hole, might have to make it for dinner tonight now I have been reminded how much I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never thought of fajitas with sausages, bet they're really nice! My little one has started crawling properly recently rather than the just rocking back and forth thing and doing a few paces he'd previously been doing and he's driving me mad! He's so quick and like you say is into everything! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, sausage fajitas - that is a genius idea!

    Enjoy your week.

    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can only echo Seren's "Oooooh!" re the sausage fajitas! My husband would love that. Lovely video of Bubbah - great when they start getting mobile, all of a sudden you start noticing potential hazards you never thought of before!

    ReplyDelete