Sunday 6 January 2013

Meal Planning Monday; 7th January 2012

Hello and happy first Monday of the year to everyone! We had a quiet night in for New Year's Eve although Bubbah seemed to pick up on some of the late night element of the night and refused to go to bed at his normal time...

No sleep for me!

It's been a bit slow moving this week as routine falls back into place so not really much to report although (drum roll please) Bubbah took his first steps! Imagine my surprise when, while sitting on the floor with him playing, Bubbah responded to my "come to mamma" by sticking his arms out like a tight rope walker and wobbling over to me! He's still getting used to his balance and getting over excited and trying to run before he can walk properly but I imagine he'll be tearing around by the time it's his birthday next month and giving me a good workout!


Last week's plan got changed about a bit as I ended up buying a selection of meat on offer when I did my shopping and so I ended up having a bit of a batch cooking session. Over the course of the week I made:


  • sweet potato and vegetable bake
  • tomato and vegetable risotto
  • lamb casserole
  • bbq chicken
  • home made burgers (including mini ones for Bubbah)
  • quiche
However, that made this week's plan a bit easier to cobble together as our freezer is groaning from the extra portions in Tupperware taking up any and all space. So, without further babbling from me, this week we are having:

  • risotto for OH, casserole for me
  • Quiche with home made wedges
  • Aforementioned bake for hubby and either casserole, sausages or fish fingers for me
  • Various soups for hubby a couple of times (green veg, veg, carrot and coriander  All shop bought to save me time and because they were half price)
  • And I'll have casserole/sausages/fish fingers depending on mood (and to clear up freezer space!)
  • Pizza
I'm also baking this week, as it's my birthday I decided I'm allowed cake (everyone should have cake on their birthday, no exceptions!) and who better to provide it than myself? I'll probably have a marble cake melded together with Nutella and served with ice cream or squirty cream.

Saturday night is off the plan as hubby is taking me to London (Camden market vintage stalls here I come!) for the day and I'm not sure when we'll be back. I might request a naughty Chinese or Indian take away.


And that's pretty much it! As usual, I'm linked up to Mrs M so head on over there to have a nosey at what everyone else is cooking up on their plans, and have a good week!

9 comments:

  1. Oh a lamb caserole sounds good. Lamb is so difficult to get in Germany and when it's around it's expensive. I do miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is great to do batch cooking, I only end up doing it like just before Christmas when the freezer door was left open!!! Every time this happens I think I must do this once a month, we will see :-)

    Your menu looks great, last night I had risotto and everyone else has something different, must be a required taste?

    Happy Birthday for later on in the week, and yes you must have cake :-) I make with Nutella the BBC Good food cake which everyone loves.

    Happy 2013 - Ali Over a Cuppa (blogger wouldn't let me comment as me, grrrr!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm bbq chicken sounds lovely! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done to your little fella on his first steps, a great milestone to reach.... nowhere is safe now ;)

    Cake and takeaway are a must when it's your birthday. Have a good one x

    ReplyDelete
  5. MMMM sounds like a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh sweet potato and vegetable bake sounds lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday for this week! Glad you had a lovely Christmas and New Year :) Enjoy your meals, they sound delicious x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday! Hope you have a lovely time and make a lovely cake! Your sweet potatoe and veg bake sounds yum!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for joining in, all sounds fab!

    ReplyDelete