Sunday 20 January 2013

Meal Planning Monday; 21st January 2013

Wowser, it's like a scene from Day After Tomorrow outside as I type this! Thankfully we managed to squeeze in a weekly shop in between all the snow so we have a fully stocked house; just the thing we need when it looks like we might be snowed in for a while!

Last week was rather quiet and non-eventful as I was getting over the news that my grandad passed away the day after my birthday. However last week I did keep up the cooking around the world class I'd signed up to (where we made chicken tikka with rice, dip and home made naan bread) and took Bubbah to a local baby and toddler group but have been pretty much house bound since then. Bubbah has also started teething (after a break of about a week) and has come down with a cold at the same time so he was feeling quite miserable too, meaning I didn't particularly want to drag the poor boy around outside given the weather.

Enjoying the ball pit at baby and toddler group
Something that happens when Bubbah is feeling ill/teething/both is a complete and utter disregard for sleep. Normally he's very good but the last week has seen him sleep for an hour, refuse to go back to sleep for several hours then finally giving in around midnight where he'll wake up again after a few hours and only sleep if I'm in the room. As such evenings have become quite hard to cook so this week's plan reflects this. One good thing about Bubbah being up is that he helps with the housework...

Late night hoovering
Does this turn the tumble drier on mummy?

This week involves lots of previous meals dragged up from the freezer, a bit of batch cooking.

  • Sausage honey and mustard bake with roasts and various veg
  • Sweet potato bake/steak and kidney pie
  • Risotto/fish pie
  • Mac and cheese batch cooked for easy lunches
  • Home made pizza
  • Chicken tikka with rice or mash, depending on mood and time 
    
I may also do some baking towards the end of the week, probably just some cupcakes and/or biscuits, when the cupcakes I made Saturday afternoon run out.


And that's the lot! Hope everyone stays safe and warm in this weather. Head on over to Mrs M see what everyone else is cooking up.

5 comments:

  1. I may make some cakes too if only to keep the hungry children at bay!!
    BNM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I could just go for some mac and cheese for my lunch right now instead of this healthy chicken wrap!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mm chicken tikka! Sounds great, delicious week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a good chicken tikka! Thanks for joining in.

    ReplyDelete