Thursday 4 October 2012

Sick day blues

It's official; I am ill. It's quite rare that I get ill but I seem to have been struck down by one of the numerous winter bugs making their rounds. And it's lovely and sunny outside today, typical! I feel absolutely miserable, have used up a box of tissues, feel freezing but have a burning head and need water about every five seconds. You know the drill, I'm sure.


However, as some of you will know, unlike yesteryears when you could retreat under a duvet with your comfort food/drink of choice (tomato soup, ice cream and lucozade were my choices) and a box set of DVDs (usually the O.C. because Seth can always cheer me up) as a mum of a young baby there isn't that option. I can't just cocoon myself away (at least until the hubby gets home) and have to run around after a seven month old who has just begun crawling and wants to play exploring including (read; mainly) things that he shouldn't really such as the lamp base and cable, the pipes and living room radiator.



Mummy can we watch a DVD?



What's over there?

What's in here? 

Can I play with this?


As you can see, he's been up to quite a bit this morning! Thankfully he's gone down for a nap so I can zone out for a bit, down a bottle of water and consider what I'm doing about my lunch (because there's no way I'm up for much cooking)

Also, hubby may be making a trip to Tesco on the way home for some lucozade...


What do you like to do when you're having a sick day?

No comments:

Post a Comment