Sunday 14 October 2012

Meal Planning Monday; 15th October 2012

Hello everybody!  What a crazy week it has been this week. Bubbah has really got the hang of crawling now and I'm frantically running around stopping him from eating cables, leads, DVDs and the such like. He's also moved onwards and upwards, having mastered the ability to pull himself up on stuff. We've also had a lovely weekend with my brother, his girlfriend and his kids visiting which included yummy picnics indoors and a fun swimming session.



Last week's meal plan was a rousing success, with the exception of Friday and Saturday after an impromptu dinner at my dad's with the clan Friday night, and a cheeky McDonalads on the Saturday. I used the lamb to make lamb casserole in the slow cooker and I used some chicken I bought to make cheesy mayo chicken (as seen on the Hellmans mayonnaise adverts, recipe to appear later in the week) for when OH was fasting.

This week it's part slow cooker, and part oven meals;


  • OH has requested sausage casserole again this week as he's declared it one of his "favourite meals ever"
  • I'm hoping to make a chicken casserole too.
  • I'm planning pigs in blankets and cheesy mayo chicken for OH's fast days
  • We'll have pizza as usual on Friday night with some dough balls I have sitting in the freezer
  • Finally we'll probably just have a nice lazy option of jackets with cheese or mac n cheese for Saturday

I'm hoping to make some bread this week, mainly just to see if I can(!) but that depends if I can fit it in with my week's plans of seeing a friend for a coffee and a catch up, quite possibly seeing my dad and step mum as they have the week off and my mum having a day off which will be spent doing chores around the house and shopping for my nephew's birthday in a couple of weeks. I've also got to have Bubbah's feet measured as his feet seem to be taking after mine and being rather on the big size, resulting in generic baby shoes not fitting him any more and me having to fork out for some (undoubtedly rather expensive) cruiser shoes from Clarks. Expensive it shall be, but I am quite excited about him getting his first pair of "big boy" shoes.

As usual I'm linked up to Mrs M's meal planning linky

1 comment:

  1. My OH loves sausage casserole too - I must make it next week :)

    ReplyDelete