Monday 8 October 2012

Rainy days and Mondays

Thanks to the atrocious weather outside today I've had the Carpenters stuck in my head all morning! My chest infection is slowly getting better and the fever has subsided, which is lovely. Bubbah's cough seems to be getting better too, although we seem to have given my mum our germs; whoops!

I decided to brave the downpour currently occurring and headed out on a walk with Bubbah (all wrapped up in his winter coat and foot muff and protected from the rain with his rain cover) and my Mickey Mouse umbrella that my niece has set her eyes on (admittedly I think it may be a children's umbrella but it's adorable and doesn't look like one) to the local shops. It was set to be the park, before I knew it was raining, but obviously I can get Bubbah playing on wet slides/swings/bouncy toys now can I?

My local co-op must have a field day whenever they see me, I go in there several times a week and always end up buying something - quite often something I don't need. Today it was mini marshmallows, 100s and 1000s, and, er, birthday candles. Admittedly these will all be used up and they were all reduced to about 60p each so I thought I'd stock up and pop them in my baking box.

Some foodie magazines also found their way into my basket. I always have trouble resisting these, especially BBC Good Food magazine as everything looks so good! I also picked up Take a Break's recipe magazine as there are quite often good ideas in there.

Bubbah fell asleep on the way home so I'm enjoying a nice bit of peace and quiet before he wakes up. I've done a load of housework today plus about six lots of clothes washing and the smell of thyme is drifting through the house. I decided to indulge myself on OH's first fast day of the week and have slow cooker lamb casserole, with a generous helping of thyme.

I'm also recovering from lunch where Bubbah decided he wanted to feed himself the last few bits of his lunch (fish cakes in parsley sauce, courtesy of Ella's Kitchen because mummy was too lazy to do anything in her own kitchen) and then thought that blowing a raspberry at me with a mouthful of food would be a good idea. I keep finding smears of food on my top and cardigan, and Bubbah had to have an entire outfit change once he'd finished. He enjoyed himself though and after a few misses - mostly ending up at his eye/forehead - he did manage to get the spoon from his bowl to his mouth:


Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment