Thursday 25 October 2012

Recipe binder: herby toad in the hole

Toad in the hole is one of my favourite meals both to make and to have. It's definitely up there in my list of top comfort foods and one I love to bring out this recipe when it starts to get colder. Apologies for the dark picture but it was the best I could do with OH complaining how hungry he was!


What you need
  • Sausages (I tend to use two per person)
  • 200 ml milk
  • 100 ml plain flour
  • 1 egg
  • Rosemary and thyme
What you do
  • In a casserole dish cook the sausages for ten minutes
  • While they cook beat the egg before adding the flour and milk
  • Mix well
  • Add the herbs and mix again
  • Pour over the sausages making sure the batter covers all of the bottom of the casserole dish
  • Cook for 30 minutes gas 7
  • Serve with vegetables, mash/chips/roasties and gravy

No comments:

Post a Comment