Sunday 7 October 2012

Meal Planning Monday; 8th October 2012

Hello again! Last week practically whizzed by thanks to being struck down with a chest infection (as mentioned earlier this week as a mystery cold/flu thingy and later in the week as an actual infection) and, as to be expected, my meal plan went completely out of the window. I think we managed toad in the hole, and jackets but that was it. We did have pizza but it was a naughty take away after I phoned OH at work begging him to come home to look after Bubbah so I could sleep.

Bubbah has also come down with a bit of a bug this week, he's on some yummy smelling cough medicine which is helping so I've literally been struck down with a clingy baby because hugs from mummy make everything better apparently...


He doesn't look unwell but this was at 12:30am Saturday night/Sunday morning! That's my mum's iPad case by the way, he seems to prefer fake leather over teething rings and a new tooth is close to breaking its way through.

This week, I'm breaking out the slow cooker from its cupboard confinement. It's cold, we're all a bit miserable and missing the summer sun. 

  • Sausage casserole done in the slow cooker including potato and a variety of veg. Possibly with home made yorkshire puddings and stuffing as well, but that's to be decided as and when we cook it.
  • Chicken soup probably in the slow cooker as well to save me constantly hovering over the oven hob while Bubbah crawls around the kitchen (and attempting to play with the oven)
  • Pizza; home made this time, promise!
  • Mac n cheese. The most lovely and lazy option I have in my meal planning repertoire 

For OH's fasting days I've got some lamb and mince so I'll probably mint the lamb in a cooking bag and have it with roasts and veg. I'll most likely do a bolognaise style with the mince and freeze the leftovers. This will be served with a jacket or some pasta, rice or noodles depending on my mood and how much time I have to spare for cooking.

As always I've linked up to Mrs M's meal planning linky.

5 comments:

  1. We're having Macaroni Cheese too but to save me putting lumps in the sauce - the husband is making it!!

    I hope Bubba's teeth come through soon

    BNM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey lovely, sorry to hear you have been poorly :( Hope you are now on the mend - those slow cooker meals sound delicious and will no doubt have you feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that you are on the mend - I have a chest infection at the moment too *sob* :(
    The slow cooker is great for this time of year, love what you have planned x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE sausage casserole and haven't had it for ages.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm sausage casserole and Yorkshire pud. That sounds delicious. For some reason my boys don't like toad in the hole but they'd definitely eat this.

    ReplyDelete